Preventive Measures Against Floods
Flood disaster is one of the most frequent disasters. Flood disaster is not a new thing, but the impact of this flood is increasingly widespread and very detrimental. It is quite difficult for us to avoid this one water disaster. Many factors cause flooding including; high rainfall, poor drainage channels, broken embankments, and others. For that, we can take some simple precautions starting from the smallest environment, namely around our homes.
- Clean drains from rubbish and mud so that the water flows smoothly
- Provide a good landfill
- Dispose of trash in its place
- Provide sufficient green space for rainwater absorption
- Plant suitable trees around the house
- Maintain cleanliness of rivers or streams
By doing a few small things together, you can have a positive impact on the environment. We can start from preventing floods around our environment, to indirectly helping the government to run flood prevention programs.